Despicable Me


Hullo, my Pixels!

I think what you've just witnessed is what I can only describe as a cowboy Minion (from the movie Despicable Me & Despicable Me 2) riding a cow. This just happened to be what my friend asked me to draw, months and months ago, when I was absolutely stuck and needed an idea. It took me sooooo long to finish it but I can honestly say I'm very pleased with it, if I do say so myself.


The first movie itself came out in 2010, so it's actually four years old now. If you're living under a rock and somehow still haven't even seen the first one, I seriously recommend you to buy it and buy it now (handy link here for you all - for both movies)! Both movies introduce such cute characters and have hilarious story lines that they're impossible to love, especially the Minions.

I think the Minions need a paragraph of their own, just because they're such loveable, yellow blobs in both films. I'd describe them best as Gru's (the main 'villain') little army of henchmen, but instead of helping out, most of the time they just mess up or find the word 'bottom' absolutely hilarious. Without them, the movies would definitely be missing something, as they are just the funniest creatures in the world! Even my dad is in stitches after the Minions have appeared on screen which shows how these movies can hit such a wide audience.

Despicable Me has to be one of my favorite animation films, which is probably what made this idea so fun to draw. I was obsessed with drawing quick Minions doing stupid things on Draw Something 2 at the time, so this was perfect. Even though it took me a long time to finish this, I enjoyed every second of it. I even loved adding the sneaky addition of the infamous fart gun from the movies instead of just a normal gun for the Minion to hold.

There's nothing not to love about these movies, so if my drawing hasn't intrigued you enough, go watch the linked film trailers above and fall in love with all of the characters, and if you have already seen them, go watch the films again and love it as much as you did the first time round!

Sommer


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for taking the time to read my post. Leave a comment and I'll make sure to get back to you! :3 ♥